- Client: Mittendrin e.V., Cologne
- Jpb: Bespoke website for the campaign around the film DIE KINDER DER UTOPIE (full campaign story here)
- NationBuilder Architect, training and accessibility proofing: Ben Kempas, Film & Campaign
- Graphic design: Propaganda B
- Database Setup and Maintenance: Aga Slawinska, Film & Campaign
- Website archive: dkdu-kampagne.mittendrin-koeln.de
Screenshot of DIE KINDER DER UTOPIE website
Film & Campaign used NationBuilder in a multi-stage campaign around German documentary DIE KINDER DER UTOPIE (Children of Utopia), hosted by the charity Mittendrin in Cologne. This included:
- Bespoke design of a NationBuilder website theme, based on a mockup by Berlin-based Propaganda B, with all pages automatically colour-coded to correspond with one of the three main areas of activity: the film itself (that's the blue hue), the nationwide day of action (red) and a content universe offering additional information (yellow).
- Publication of dozens of articles written by the campaign team as well as numerous guest authors over a five-month period leading up to the big day of action, offering a point of discovery as well as avenues for long-term engagement.
- Creation of a bespoke cinema-on-demand scheme using NationBuilder's event functionality – with the twist that our would-be audiences RSVP'd for events that weren't even confirmed yet, as these RSVPs would be used to convince cinemas to agree and show the film.
- Use of NationBuilders 'volunteer' functionality and paths to identify and guide local hosts for every single cinema event.
- Event facilitation, with the campaign goal of having one screening in each of the 80 major cities in Germany being exceeded by 100%, and the film being shown on 170 screens across the country on a single night, with almost 20,000 people attending.
- Subsequent roll-out of community screenings (another 100 custom events), DVD and VOD offers.
- Use of NationBuilder's survey functionality, with 2,000 viewers (more than 10% of the audience) replying and confirming a very positive impact: more than 26% of viewers changed their attitude as a result of the film events.
Screenshot of the map of screenings of DIE KINDER DER UTOPIE, all facilitated through NationBuilder
Do you like this post?
Be the first to comment
Sign in withFacebook Twitter