In connection with the 2016 editions of Lisbon Docs and Docs in Thessaloniki, the European Documentary Network (EDN) offers a dedicated outreach and distribution workshop. This format will create a synergy between the two events, by selecting the top projects from each forum and bringing them together in this post-event session taking place as an online workshop.
Focus for the session will be how the selected project teams can handle the increased need to combine new financing methods and alternative distribution methods with more traditional public funding sources. During the workshop the selected teams will strengthen the understanding of audience building and outreach for their projects in development. Through the online workshop the participants will:
- Learn about tools for audience engagement
- Sharpen their distribution strategy
- Get individual feedback from outreach experts
- Enhance promotion and distribution possibilities.
The participants will benefit from these added values without adding extra travel costs and expenses for the production teams, as the seminar will take place online.
- BEYOND THE END OF THE WORLD (Anne Barliant / Srdjan Sarenac)
- TOXIC CIRCLE (Maarten Schmidt / Daniel Lambo)
- BLUE CODE OF SILENCE (Håvard Gossé Bergseth / Magnus Skatvold)
- AN UNPAID ACT (Nathalie Berger / David Hyde)
EDN Film Consultant Ove Rishøj Jensen will conduct the workshop in close collaboration with Documentary Campaigner and Filmmaker Ben Kempas from Film & Campaign.
Copenhagen, Capital Region of Denmark 1120
Google map and directions